Moving Forward – Fasting
Fasting is giving up food or other things like TV, Facebook, or Internet for a period of time for spiritual purposes.
Find 101 Verses on Fasting here: openbible.info/topics/fasting
Why we Fast
- Fasting keeps our flesh (our natural man) weak and our spirit strong (our spirit man)
- We fast to stay in tune with God; to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit
- For miracles and supernatural breakthroughs
- To see bondages broken in our lives
- To receive healing and restoration
- To prepare us for God’s movement in our lives
Types of Fasts
- No food at all, just liquids, partial fast, or Daniel fast
- Our heart attitude is what matters to God
- Select the kind of fast that you are comfortable with
Practical Tips for Fasting
- Have a clear goal; what is the purpose of the fast?
- Prepare spiritually; are there things in your life that could keep you from hearing from God?
- Decide what to fast. If this is new to you, try beginning with one meal a day.
- Prepare physically. Check with your doctor if needed, eat smaller portions, cut out caffeine and sugar.
Have you had experience with fasting?
Kingdom Connection Hosted by Jentezen Franklin – Watch : Spiritual Keys to Fasting