PRAYER & FASTING | WEDNESDAY, DEC. 11th
Be willing to go out on a limb with Me. If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be. Your desire to live a risk free life is a form of unbelief. Your longing to live close to Me is at odds with your attempts to minimize risk. You are approaching a crossroads in your journey. In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe.
Let Me lead you step by step through this day. If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid. Eventually you will learn to relax and enjoy the adventure of our journey together. As long as you stay close to Me, My sovereign Presence protects you wherever you go.
Even through I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with; your rod and staff comfort me. – Psalm 23:4
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you Lord have never forsaken those who seek you. – Pslam 9:10
“Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.” – John 12:26
- Decide ahead of time what meals you are going to ‘give-up’.
- Go ahead and let someone know what meals your are skipping so that you have an accountability partner.
- Drink lots of water. You won’t die because you skipped a meal but your body/stomach might rebel just a little
- Don’t just go on a diet for a day – intentionally press into God. Spend time with Him throughout the day.
- If you are on medication or Doctor’s orders, be sensitive to what you should be doing but still use the time to press into the Lord.
- Use the time to stir your faith and believe God for some supernatural things to happen in your life and the life of Fusion Church
- Pray for our Pastor, Elders, Staff and leadership teams as they lead our church to truly impact our community by reaching people far from Jesus, equipping Christ followers and going to all the nations.
Acts 14:23 ESV And when they had appointed elders for them in every church, with prayer and fasting they committed them to the Lord in whom they had believed.
Daniel 10:3 ESV I ate no delicacies, no meat or wine entered my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, for the full three weeks.
Luke 18:12 ESV I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’
Nehemiah 1:4 ESV As soon as I heard these words I sat down and wept and mourned for days, and I continued fasting and praying before the God of heaven.
COURTNEY GRASS TESTIMONY